Skip to main content

Fashion Essentials

Today I am going to be talking about what I consider to be the basic necessities of fashion to make sure you can be on top of your outfit game. Here are seven items that I would not be able to live without:

1.      Neutral Colored Camis
Image result for white cami amazon
Source: Amazon

I do not like to go anywhere without wearing one of these. I find that, whether a top is sheer or not, camis make an outfit so much more put together. They help to smooth out bra lines and add extra warmth during the colder months. Plus, in the spring, you can wear them with a colorful kimono for a casual yet cute look.

2.     Dark Wash Jeans
 Image result for dark jeans for women

Source: Polyvore

I wear dark wash jeans every single day! I love them! You can dress them up or down with the right top and accessories. Let’s not forget to mention that they will be in style for eternity.

3.     Plain White V-Neck
Image result for white v neck women
Source: Old Navy

I feel like this one goes without saying, but I’m still going to talk about it. These are great for when you want to look glam without trying too hard. Tuck the front of the shirt into a pair of jeans, throw on a cute, dainty gold necklace, and wear a pair of converse sneakers and you are good to go.

4.    Thick Cardigan
Image result for thick cardigan
Source: Polyvore

A thick cardigan is a must for cold weather. They come in handy when you want to wear your favorite tank without freezing your arms off. These are perfect for layering and changing up outfits.

5.     Ballet Flats
Image result for ballet flats
Source: Marley Lilly

Talk about comfy AND cute!! These are the perfect, sophisticated touch for any outfit. Flats come in so many styles and colors. (You can even get some with monograms! *insert heart eyes*) 

6.    Fun, Conservative Dress
Image result for lilly pulitzer dress Image result for fall dresses
Source: Lilly Pulitzer; Style Cusp

No matter what your go-to style is, a nice dress will always be a staple in your wardrobe; you never know when you may need to dress up (pun not intended). For spring and summer months, a bright design is a great choice for a fun day out on the town, and for fall, earthy tones, such as dark red and brown, are great to blend in with nature.

7.     Gold Statement Necklace
Image result for gold statement necklace
Source: Kendra Scott


Now, I may be a tiny bit partial to gold jewelry; I wear it with everything. But, I just think a simple statement necklace looks very classy, and it adds so much to even the simplest of outfits. Basically: simple outfit + statement necklace = gorgeous outfit. 

These fashion essentials are just that for me, essentials. I do not think I would be able to wear any of my everyday outfits without these. I hope that some of these will help you too!

Comments